Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Check This Book Out!

The book The Art of the Start by Guy Kawasaki is a microcosm of nearly every experience I’ve had with start-up companies, the good, the bad and the ugly. I was hesitant to read the book at first, asking myself what could I learn about something I’ve already experienced. I was definitely wrong. The book did an excellent job of explaining where entrepreneurs go wrong and why. Kawasaki has been at both ends of the spectrum (entrepreneur and investor) giving him an unbiased opinion on the realities of growing a company. While reading the book, I not only received explanation for why things we did went wrong but explanation on why things we did went right. I would recommend this book to any successful entrepreneur not just one at the beginning of their journey.

Moral of the story: you can learn something from every book you read and every situation you’re in as long as you keep your eyes open

No comments:

Post a Comment